What is Baby Massage?
Baby Massage is a well established tradition in many cultures such as Indian and African, and is becoming increasingly popular in Ireland.
The massage offers a wonderful experience and a special time to communicate verbally and non-verbally with your baby so that they feel loved, valued and respected.
The techniques used are drawn from both Swedish and Indian massage and also incorporates, principles from yoga and reflexology.
I loved doing the baby massage with my own babies so much that I decided to become an Instructor. The massage benefitted both me and the babies in so many ways. I become more relaxed and confident and the babies started to sleep better and become more relaxed.
I am now a Certified Infant Massage Instructor accredited by the IAIM and can share with you the wonderful benefits of Baby Massage.
The Baby Massage classes are for 1 hour each week for 5 weeks
There are so many benefits to Baby Massage for both you and your baby:
- Helps your Baby feel securely attached
- Helps your Baby feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduces crying and emotional distress
- Increases relaxation and helps Baby sleep longer
- Helps develop body awareness and coordination
- Provides relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Helps you feel closer to your Baby
- Helps you gain a deeper understanding of your Baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Provides an enjoyable opportunity to spend one on one time with your Baby
- Empowers mom and dad by teaching them ways to help Baby when s/he is in distress
For details on the next “Baby Massage Classes” please contact me here!
I showed my partner the techniques and we love giving him a massage in the evening before bed. Thanks Allison x”, Eva, Cork